In this role you will provide specialist product expertise and technical support to develop key customer relationships in the Clinical Diagnostics and Anatomical Pathology space. Operating in a highly competitive market environment, the role has responsibility for achieving annual sales targets and increasing market share, conducting demonstrations, presentations and supporting marketing activity.
- Achieve sales and margin targets for the VIC/TAS territory
- Design and execute effective business territory plans
- Understand the broader business areas and generate leads, driving a whole of business approach
- Work closely with customers to understand their requirements and application needs on a technical level
- Ensure you have a sound understanding the regulatory environment these products and customers work within
- Assist the Product Management team to ensure inventory and product forecasting targets are met and customer/marketing expectations are achieved
- Conduct product demonstrations, seminars and participate in customer engagement activities as required to support the growth strategy
- Work with Technical and Service teams to resolve customer technical issues to high customer satisfaction
- Attend training events as required to ensure skills are maintained up-to-date and relevant for maximum benefit to the customer
- Attend relevant industry scientific meetings and conferences
- Tertiary qualifications in Science or related discipline is essential
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Pathology/ Diagnostic Laboratory or Commercial experience in a clinical or research setting
- Strong understanding of the Sales process with demonstrated ability to achieve results
- Technical understanding of markets, particularly within hospitals, pathology and diagnostics laboratories
- Previous experience in Clinical Biochemistry and/or Anatomical Pathology setting is highly regarded
- Previous experience in capital sales/ reagents in Clinical Biochemistry and/or Anatomical Pathology is highly regarded
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with a CRM system
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer.