PLEASE SEE POSITION VACANT FOR YOUR INTEREST
The Laboratory & Technical Support Officer, Histopathology provides technical and teaching leadership in Histopathology, including support to develop and deliver the histopathologycomponents of both the undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by the College of Public Health, Medical and Veterinary Sciences. To provide technical support to the Veterinary Diagnostic Histology and Clinical Pathology Laboratories as needed.
- Prepare and set up for practical classes including the preparation of histological tissue sections, (fixation, processing, embedding, microtomy, staining (both routine and special)), and troubleshoot any issues that may arise in this process;
- Supervise and maintain the histopathology laboratory including laboratory inductions for all users, staff, students and visitors;
- Ensure the efficient day-to-day operations of the histopathology laboratory and that all teaching, diagnostic and research objectives are met.
Ideally degree qualified in Medical Laboratory Science or related field, you will have a proven ability in all facets of tissue preparation for histopathological examination. You will also:
- Demonstrate exemplary communication and interpersonal skills;
- Have well-developed organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage competing deadlines and multiple projects;
- Provide recommendations on allocation and reallocation of resources in response to changing operational environments
Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
Through its research, teaching and engagement activities, the Division of Tropical Health and Medicine at James Cook University is at the forefront of improving health in rural, remote, Indigenous and tropical communities within Australia and world-wide.
Consistently voted in the top 2% of universities worldwide, JCU offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth as well as diverse career opportunities. JCU prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
- generous superannuation scheme
- five weeks’ annual recreation leave
- flexible working arrangements
- attractive options for salary packaging
P: (07) 4781 3146
Vacancy reference no.: 15951
Applications close: 6 April 2017